Who gets to command the remote is a classic relationship struggle. But Roku polled couples to find the top TV-related arguments we have. And fighting over what show to watch is NOT #1. One in five people said they get frustrated by their partner’s TV habits on a daily basis. Here are the top ten TV things we fight over:
- The volume. When one person thinks it’s too loud, or too quiet.
- Deciding what to watch. You want to watch something, but they don’t.
- Asking too many questions about the plot.
- They keep talking while you’re trying to pay attention.
- Spending too much time choosing what to watch.
- They fall asleep while you’re watching something together. It’s annoying because of this next one . . .
- Having to re-watch something your partner missed. Either because they fell asleep or left the room.
- They’re not paying attention, because they’re on their phone or computer.
- Hogging the remote.
- Losing or misplacing the remote.
Another good one just missed the top ten: When you usually watch a show together, but they watch a new episode WITHOUT you.
Final stat: Only 10% of people feel like their TV is too small these days. 5% actually feel like theirs is a little too big.