Today, Sunday, September 12th, 2021 is Grandparents’ Day! But, don’t worry if you didn’t get them anything (or you don’t get anything from your grandkids) – because fixing their/your computer when “The Yahoo” gets stuck in Portuguese is the greatest gift a grandparent can possibly receive.
Here are five helpful websites ALL grandparents should bookmark.
So, you might have to first teach them what a browser bookmark is. Then show them these sites:
1. Tech support for seniors. SeniorPlanet.org was designed by AARP to help older folks with computer stuff. It’s the tech resource they always wanted . . . you know, other than their grandkids.
2. A senior discounts search engine. Seniors LOVE deals, so a site called Knoji.com built a search engine for senior discounts that’s updated constantly, and covers most stores and restaurants in the U.S.
3. Recipes sorted by ingredient. AllRecipes lets you search their massive inventory by ingredient. It’s great for people with specific cooking or dietary needs.
4. An easy way to see grandkid photos. TinyBeans is an app that lets you share photos with people. It’s easier and less chaotic than things like Facebook.
5. Keep your brain sharp. Lumosity.com has daily brain games tailored to different ages and skill levels.