A survey on life’s “little moments” found the average person has something unexpected and good happen to them three times a week. The boost in happiness we get from those experiences lasts 1 hour and 14 minutes. Here are the Top 10 we love most:
1. Finding money in your pocket.
2. Waking up to nice weather.
3. Getting an unexpected gift in the mail.
4. Getting into a bed with fresh sheets.
5. Traffic lights turning green as you’re approaching.
6. Watching the sun set.
7. Crossing off the last thing on a to-do list.
8. Completing a do-it-yourself project on your own.
9. A winning lottery ticket, even if it’s only a few bucks.
10. Receiving a compliment from a complete stranger.
“Getting an extra hour in bed” just missed the Top 10 at #11 and #12 is “when your favorite song comes on the radio.”