Someone polled people in all 50 states to find out what the “perfect” burger looks like.
Here are the results:
70% of Americans are confident they can cook a good burger.
But what goes ON your burger might matter even more.
78% of people say the toppings can make or break a burger.
And one in three think it’s the MOST important part.
1. America’s favorite burger toppings in order are: Cheese, bacon, lettuce, raw onions, and tomatoes in fifth place. No mention of pickles.
2. 46% also said their perfect burger would need to have ketchup. And 43% said the same about mayo. Fewer people like mustard.
3. What’s our favorite type of cheese? A third said American goes best on a burger.
4. What about the bun? Sesame-seed ranked first with 24% of the vote.
5. Seven out of 10 people said the perfect burger would also need to come with a side of fries. And this might be controversial, but POTATO WEDGES were voted the best type of fry to pair with a burger.
So, that means that we believe the PERFECT burger has a thick patty, American cheese, bacon, lettuce, ketchup and mayonnaise all on a sesame seed bun.
The survey also asked people if they think their state is known for its burgers…
The states that top the list in burger pride are: TEXAS, Alaska, Illinois, New York, and Georgia.