Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (2/22/22)
February 22, 2022 4:10AM CST
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Tuesday – February 22nd, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- The word with the most meanings in English is “set,” with 430 meanings listed in the Oxford English Dictionary. The word has the longest entry in the dictionary at 60,000 words, or 326,000 characters.
- The deepest hole humans have ever dug is only about 7.6 miles deep. The radius of the Earth is 3,959 miles, so yeah, we’ve literally just scratched the surface.
- Every time you hit the space bar, an average of about 600,000 other people around the world do too.
- The scientific word for your stomach rumbling is borborygmus. (Pronounced bore-buh-RIG-mis.)
- An actor named Barry Fitzgerald is the only person who’s ever been nominated at the Oscars for Best Actor AND Best Supporting Actor for the same role. The Academy somehow nominated him for BOTH for the movie “Going My Way” in 1944. He won Best Supporting Actor.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(Guinness World Records / Wikipedia / YouTube / Wikipedia / Wikipedia)