Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Tuesday – December 14th, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- Drinking a beer in space is impossible because it remains foam. The bubbles of carbon dioxide in carbonated beverages aren’t buoyant in a weightless environment.
- Sting the singer doesn’t own the rights to the name Sting. The registered owner with the U.S. Patent Office is the PRO WRESTLER Sting, but he lets the other Sting use the name too.
- Mariah Carey recorded “All I Want for Christmas Is You” in August of 1994. So they brought Christmas trees into the studio to make it feel like Christmas, even though it was summer.
- The National Guard started as a militia in Massachusetts in 1636, which means the National Guard is 140 years older than the United States.
- The word “malaria” comes from medieval Italian “mala aria,” which translates to bad air. It’s because people initially thought bad-smelling air from swamps spread the disease. They didn’t know it was the mosquitoes in those swamps.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!