Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ (10/4/21)
October 4, 2021 4:02AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Monday – October 4th, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- It’s nearly MLB postseason time, so this is worth a mention: In the Seattle Mariners’ 44 years of existence, they’ve experienced more ruptured testicles (five) than playoff appearances (four). (All the details are in this thread.)
- The Disney/Pixar movie “The Incredibles” seems futuristic, but it’s set in 1962.
- The largest Japanese population outside of Japan is in Brazil. There are at least 1.5 million Japanese people in Brazil . . . the first Japanese people moved there in the early 1900s for work and future generations have stayed.
- Scratching makes you itch worse because it causes your brain to release serotonin, which increases the sensations all over your body, including the sensation of the itch.
- California has a law on the books that says if a frog dies during a frog-jumping contest, it cannot be eaten.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(Twitter / Buzzfeed / BBC / Daily Mail / State of California)