Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ (10/18/21)
October 18, 2021 4:29AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Monday – October 18th, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- The Luna moth only survives six or seven days once reaching adulthood, because it has no mouth and dies of starvation. Their sole purpose in life is to reproduce.
- Times Square was originally called Longacre Square. It was renamed in April of 1904 when the “New York Times” moved its headquarters there.
- Fedoras were originally designed for women.
- “Wonder Woman” is the highest-grossing World War One movie by far. It’s made almost $413 million at the box office. “1917” is number two, at $160 million, followed by “War Horse” ($80 million), and “Lawrence of Arabia” ($37 million). (NOTE: If you adjust for inflation, “Lawrence of Arabia” would be #1, followed by “Wonder Woman”, then “1917” and “War Horse”.)
- Babies are born with around 300 bones, but over time they fuse together making the final count of 206 that we have as adults.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(FLLT.org / Telegraph / Bernard Hats / Box Office Mojo / Wiki)