Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Tuesday – January 4th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- “Solitaire” refers to any tabletop game you can play by yourself, not just the famous card game. In fact, the card game wasn’t called “Solitaire” until 1990, when Microsoft called it that when they first added it to the Windows operating system. The actual name of the game is “Klondike”.
- As a philanthropist, actor Paul Newman donated more money, in relation to his own wealth, than any other American during the 20th century.
- Dr. Seuss’s real name is Theodor Geisel. He came up with the pen name “Seuss” when he was caught drinking in college, and got banned from extracurricular activities but wanted to keep writing for the humor newspaper.
- Alexander Hamilton misspelled the word “Pennsylvania” on the Constitution. He forgot one of the n’s in “Penn.”
- Elvis’s best-selling album ever was “Elvis’ Christmas Album”. It’s also the best-selling Christmas album overall. It’s sold more than 10 million copies.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!