Most of us don’t have a lot of money to waste right now.
But if you’re in the market for any of the stuff in the list below, now is a pretty good time to buy them.
Here are six things you should buy in March, because they typically go on sale this time of year:
1. TVs. Manufacturers are getting ready to release new models. So it’s the second-best month of the year to buy a TV. November is first.
2. Jewelry. There’s always a lot left over from Valentine’s Day (especially this year). So many jewelry stores drop their prices.
3. Winter sports gear. Things like skis, snowboards, and heavy coats get discounted as we get closer to spring.
4. Frozen food. March is National Frozen Foods Month, when a lot of grocery stores offer deals. And something called the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association also partners with Coupons.com to offer more discounts.
5. Mattresses. Again, new models are on the way, so stores are trying to get rid of last year’s stuff.
6. Grills. It’s the last chance to get a deal before prices go up ahead of summer. They usually don’t drop back down until July or August.