In honor of Father’s Day, here is a BONUS Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ list for this Friday – June 17th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- There are about 1.5 billion fathers worldwide . . . and more than 70 million dads in the U.S.
- In the 1920s and ’30s, there was a movement to COMBINE Mother’s Day and Father’s Day into a unified Parents’ Day.
- Father’s Day was officially made a U.S. holiday in 1972, when President Nixon set aside the third Sunday in June for dads.
- Father’s Day is the fourth largest holiday for greeting cards, behind Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, and Christmas.
- Americans are expected to spend more than $20 BILLION on Father’s Day gifts this year. But that still pales in comparison to Mother’s Day. We spent $31.7 BILLION on gifts for Mom earlier this year.
Be sure to share one or more of these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!