Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ – on this Monday, September 11th, 2023. Let’s learn something together:
- The reason your nose runs when you cry is because your tears drain into the “nasolacrimal ducts,” which run down each side of the nose. There, they mix with nasal mucus (a.k.a. snot) while the rest flow onto our face. So you’re not making more mucus when you cry, it’s just tears-overflow.
- Maryland’s state motto is an Italian phrase “Fatti maschii, parole femine,” which translates to “Manly deeds, womanly words.”
- Jean-Claude Van Damme’s first credited movie role was “Gay Karate Man” in a movie called “Monaco Forever” in 1984.
- Vincent van Gogh didn’t start painting until he was 27, and he died when he was 37. In those 10 years, he finished about 860 paintings, or an average of one about every four days. And only one of them sold while he was alive.
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania was the capital of the U.S. for exactly one day . . . September 27th, 1777. Philadelphia was the capital before that, but the British had just captured it, so it moved there . . . then to York, Pennsylvania for about nine months.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!