Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Thursday – August 25th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Great white sharks won’t survive in captivity. Some scientists think the electricity in buildings interferes with their electrosensory systems, but adult great whites also require a HUGE environment (and huge mammals for food). They typically live 70 years or more in the wild, but the longest a great white shark has ever survived in captivity was 198 days.
- There were only five Number One albums for all of 1984, an all-time low. Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” for the first 15 weeks, the “Footloose” soundtrack for the next 10, “Sports” by Huey Lewis and the News for one week, Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the U.S.A.” for four and then Prince’s “Purple Rain” for 22.
- Melvil Dewey, the guy who invented the Dewey Decimal System, was kicked out of the American Library Association for serial sexual harassment of female librarians.
- The “Fiddler on the Roof” movie, about a Jewish family, was directed by a guy named Norman Jewison who’s Protestant.
- Jerry Seinfeld says he’s the reason American Express created its famous black card. When he was Amex’s spokesman in the late ’90s, he asked for a special card, so they made it and gave him the first one.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!