Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Wednesday – August 24th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- School backpacks, as they are known today, were first used at the University of Washington back in 1972. JanSport was based in Seattle then, and they started modifying backpacks for day-hikers to make durable bags for students to carry books.
- According to the American Bar Association there are currently 1,116,967 lawyers practicing in the United States. That’s approximately one for every 300 people, or approximately 0.4% of the total population.
- Ernest Hemingway had 52 cats and 16 dogs.
- Donuts only make up 10% of Dunkin’s revenue, the bulk of their money comes from coffee. That’s why they dropped “Donuts” from their name in 2019.
- Haagen-Dazs was started by a couple in the Bronx, they made up the name using nonsense words that sounded foreign. But they sued ANOTHER ice cream company called Frusen Gladje in 1980 for using a foreign-sounding name. Except “frusen gladje” actually means “frozen delight” in Swedish. So Haagen-Dazs lost.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!