Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (3/29/22)
March 29, 2022 4:04AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Tuesday – March 29th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Olive oil is actually “juice.” Technically, FRUIT JUICE since olives are a fruit.
- The most valuable company in world history is the Dutch East India Company, which shipped and traded spices, food, and slaves in the 1600s. At its peak in 1637, it was worth the equivalent of $7.9 TRILLION in today’s dollars.
- The least-famous host in “Saturday Night Live” history was an 80-year-old woman named Miskel Spillman. “SNL” ran a contest called “Anyone Can Host,” Miskel won, and got to host on December 17th, 1977. Elvis Costello was the musical guest.
- There’s a difference between a hobo, a tramp, and a bum. A hobo travels around looking for work . . . a tramp only works when he has to . . . and bums don’t work at all.
- We’re so damn cultured: Americans make 900 million visits to museums every year . . . that’s more than our visits to major sporting events and amusement parks combined.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(About Olive Oil / Visual Capitalist / Wikipedia / Wikipedia / AAM)