Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (2/9/22)
February 9, 2022 4:10AM CST
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Wednesday – February 9th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- The world’s largest recorded turtle was a Leatherback that washed up on a beach in Wales in 1988. It was roughly 100 years old, nine feet in length and weighed more than 2,000 pounds. Sadly, it was dead when it was found.
- There was a 54% jump in ukulele sales in 2013 and the National Association of Music Merchants thinks it’s because people wanted to play them in quirky YouTube videos.
- “Cheese” is not one of the 27 ingredients listed on the side of a can of Cheez Whiz.
- The U.K. had a ban on nunchucks in movies until 1999. They even cut a scene from “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze” in 1991 that showed one of the turtles using a string of sausages like nunchucks.
- The original piano was created by Bartolomeo Cristofori in Italy in the early 1700s. And it only had 54 keys, not the 88 keys today’s pianos have.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(BBC / The Atlantic / Gizmodo / Medium / Gizmodo)