Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Wednesday – December 15th, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- Hawaiian Pizza was invented in Ontario, Canada in 1962.
- The Wright Brothers promised they’d never fly together, so at least one would continue their work in the event of a fatal crash. There was only one exception. In 1910, they shared a six-minute flight near Dayton, Ohio, with Orville piloting and Wilbur the passenger.
- Ernest Hemingway set a world record for fishing in 1938, by catching seven marlins in one day.
- The “S-O-X” in Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox isn’t just supposed to be a weird spelling of the word s-o-c-k-s. It’s the shortened form of “stockings.”
- An average of 3,234 Americans go to the emergency room every year from tanning bed injuries – including burns, fainting, and eye injuries.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!