Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Tuesday – December 13th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Poinsettias are not poisonous. A study at Ohio State University showed that a 50-pound child would have to eat more than 500 leaves to have any harmful effect. And that’s very unlikely, because they have an “awful taste.” That said, you should keep your pets from snacking on poinsettia leaves, because it can upset their stomachs.
- Yahoo was originally called “Jerry and David’s Guide to the World Wide Web.” They changed the name to Yahoo two months after they launched.
- Just three years after Lewis and Clark finished their journey to the Pacific Northwest, Lewis died from gunshot wounds. There’s still a debate over whether he killed himself or robbers shot him.
- Every single English-speaking country spells “meter” differently than the U.S. They spell it “m-e-t-r-e.”
- The U.S. has had a men’s field hockey team compete in the Olympics six times. But they’ve never won a single game. They DID win a bronze medal in 1932 though, because they were one of the only three teams that participated.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!