Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ (1/20/22)
January 20, 2022 4:09AM CST
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Thursday – January 20th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Only one satellite has ever been destroyed by a meteor. It was the European Space Agency’s Olympus, and it happened in 1993.
- Every tentacle on an octopus has its own brain.
- People born in 1957, 1968, 1979, 1989, 2000, and 2013 will live an average of 5.2 years less than other people thanks to peaks in solar activity those years. Apparently the UV radiation from the solar rays affects growth during pregnancy. And people born in 1954, 1964, 1976, 1986, 1996, and 2008 should live the longest, thanks to being born during periods of lower solar activity.
- People have only been using the word “wasted” to describe someone who’s drunk since the late 1960s. Meanwhile, “high” has been used since 1627.
- It’s possible that Beethoven had an irregular heartbeat, which influenced the innovative and unique rhythms in his compositions.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(NeatORama / Scientific American / Live Science / Atlantic / Conversation)