If you want a great excuse to hit up your favorite local burger place, this is it — today (Tuesday, July 13th) is National French Fry Day! To help you celebrate, here are five interesting french fry stats from recent polls:
1. 83% of Americans like French fries. Only 4% dislike them. 12% are “neutral.” And the remaining 1% are weirdos who don’t know how they feel about them.
2. French fries are the second-most popular American dish, behind hamburgers.
3. French fries are the #2 food people can’t live without, second only to pizza.
4. In a ranking of the “ultimate” fast food fries, McDonald’s is #1 by a long shot. Chick-fil-A is second, followed by Five Guys, Wendy’s, and Arby’s.
5. When it comes to the style of fries, “regular” is the most popular, with curly fries being a close second. Steak-cut, crinkle, and waffle fries round out the Top Five.
(YouGov / National Today / OnePoll)