We’ve fought plenty of aliens in the movies. But which ones would do the most damage to us in real life?
TheRinger.com decided to think this one through, and here’s what they came up with…apparently not in any particular order:
1. The Xenomorphs from the “Alien” franchise: They have acid for blood, tongues that have their own mouths, and they use human bodies as vessels for their eggs. Luckily they’re mostly relegated to the far reaches of space.
2. Alien Scarlett Johansson from “Under the Skin”: An alien with the looks of Scarlett Johansson luring you to your death with the promise of SEX? What guy WOULDN’T fall for that?
3. The Pod People from “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”: You go to sleep and you don’t wake up. Instead, you’re replaced by an emotionless alien copy of yourself. There’s a good chance we’d be gone before we even knew what was happening.
4. The Ruling Class in “They Live”: This one’s scary because we’re already kind of living it. Except that the plutocracy we live under is made up of human beings. Well, sort of.
5. The Thing from the 1982 version of “The Thing”: It can perfectly replicate any other living thing. It could be anyone at any time. It could hide in plain sight. Imagine what a HORDE of Things could do.
6. Those probe-loving A-holes from “Fire in the Sky”: These guys stick out because the movie goes to such great lengths to show you, in excruciating detail, what (allegedly) happens when you get abducted and examined.
7. The aliens from “A Quiet Place”: These creatures can only find you if you make a sound. In other words, we’re doomed.
8. Whatever the alien is in “Annihilation”: This one is a very underrated horror flick from 2018 starring NATALIE PORTMAN. A group of scientists explore “The Shimmer”, a growing quarantined zone of mutating plants and animals.
One species that did NOT make the list is the aliens from M. Night Shyamalan’s “Signs”. Their weakness is WATER, meaning we could defeat them with freakin’ SUPER SOAKERS.