We’ve only dipped our toes into the new year, but there’s lots of fun ahead. Here are a few things to look forward to in 2023…
- Super Bowl 57 is set for February 12th. We don’t know who’s playing in it yet, but we do know who’s performing. Rihanna fans are excited. It’ll be her first live performance in five years.
- The Women’s World Cup is happening this summer in New Zealand and Australia.
- Major League Baseball will have some new rules when the season starts in late-March, including banning “the shift.”
- New gadgets – Apple and Samsung both have phones coming
- It might be a big year for virtual reality
- A new Meta Quest 3 headset from Oculus is coming this fall
- PlayStation has a new headset coming out, too
- Apple is supposed to unveil its first VR headset sometime this year
- A solar eclipse is coming on October 14th. Parts of Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas will see the full thing. Everyone else will get a partial eclipse.
A bunch of big TV shows are coming back in 2023!
- Season four of “You” on Netflix next month
- “The Mandalorian” and “Yellowjackets” in March
- Fresh episodes of “Ted Lasso” and “Succession” at some point this year
- If you care about the Royals, King Charles’s coronation is set for May 6th. So expect lots of pomp and circumstance for that
And finally, there are too many big movies to list, but we’ll try!
- “Magic Mike’s Last Dance”
- The new “Ant-Man” movie
- “Creed 3”
- “Scream 6”
- The new “John Wick” movie in March
- “The Super Mario Brothers Movie”
- “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3”
- The live-action “Little Mermaid”
- The tenth “Fast & Furious” movie
- The 5th “Indiana Jones”
- Another “Mission: Impossible”
- The “Barbie” movie with Margot Robbie
- Christopher Nolan’s atomic bomb epic called “Oppenheimer” in July
- A new “Exorcist” movie
- “Dune: Part Two”
- A “Hunger Games” prequel
- Timothée Chlamet as a young Willy Wonka
- Jason Momoa is back in “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom”
Here are even more 2023 events to look forward to.