Is there really a WRONG way to fry potatoes?
Maybe not, but we all have our preferences.
Someone looked at Google Trends and found the type of French Fries each state is oddly obsessed with.
And there’s a TIE for first place:
1. Cheese fries got 12 states – including both Texas & Oklahoma, along with Alabama, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Rhode Island.
2. Waffle fries also got 12 states – Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Tennessee, Utah and West Virginia.
3. Tater tots are next with seven states – Alaska, Idaho, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
4. Shoestring fries won five states – New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington.
5. Sweet Potato fries got four states (all of them are in the Northeast US) – Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts and Vermont.
6. Steak fries also had four states – Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana and Oregon.
7. Curly fries won three states – Arizona, Hawaii and Wisconsin.
8. Crinkle-cut fries got some love from two states – Kentucky and Michigan.
9. Chili Cheese fries were on top in only ONE state – New Mexico.