Here in the Mad Rock Nation, we’re breaking records for high temperatures (forecast calls for a high of 110 degrees today 7/19/22). In fact, a big chunk of the U.S. and Europe are dealing with EXTREME temperatures right now. So, Google looked at the top heat-related questions we’re asking. Here are the TOP 5:
- “Can heat cause diarrhea?” Believe it or not, the answer is YES. There are a few ways it can happen. Anything that causes a lot of stress or takes a toll on your body can cause diarrhea, including a heatwave.Also, hot weather can help bacteria grow. So things like food poisoning and “stomach flus” might be more common when it’s really hot out.
And a study found there are more flare-ups linked to inflammatory bowel disease during heatwaves. So that’s one more way heat can do a number on your insides.
- “Can heat cause headaches?” yes.
- “Can heat cause nosebleeds?” yes.
- “Can heat cause diarrhea in dogs?” yes.
- “Can heat cause migraines?” yes.
Stay hydrated, cool & safe out there!
Here are some BONUS heat-related questions people in the Mad Rock Nation are asking:
- Can I sue Brian Briggs or Steve LaNore at KXII if I walk outside & spontaneously combust?
- Does beer count as “hydrating”?
- Why does the sun hate me?
- Can I get high off melted asphalt?
- What does it mean when the temperature on my phone just says “Satan’s Butthole”?
- How much is a one-way ticket to Antarctica?
- Is there a 1,000 SPF sunscreen for redheads?
- Should I tell my wife I cheated on her just so she’ll throw some shade?
- Is this hell?