Luckily, here in North Texas & Southern Oklahoma, we don’t have to deal with tons of snow & ice every winter, like other parts of the United States —- suckers!
Sure, we’ll get a handful of days with that kind of weather, but for the most part, we’re spared too much of that specific annoyance. Although, Tom Miller at KXII says we do have a chance for some rain/snow mix later this week.
So, that doesn’t mean that winter is a super fun time for us.
From a recent survey, here is a list of the Top 10 reasons winter SUCKS!
1. The days are too short.
2. Not enough sunshine.
3. Scraping ice off your windshield.
4. Your heating bills go up.
5. It seems like you always feel too cold.
6. Waking up in the dark, and coming home in the dark.
7. Dry skin and chapped lips.
8. Having to do all your chores inside. Like not being able to hang clothes out to dry.
9. Falling, slipping, and sliding on ice.
10. When you have to get out of your warm bed in the morning.
Here are a few more that just missed the top ten: Getting out of the shower when it’s cold . . . waiting for your car to warm up . . . wearing multiple layers . . . cold, wet feet . . . and too much Christmas music.