A new poll found the average American household has 217 mini-fights a year about doing the dishes. That’s just over 18 a month.
Six out of 10 people say doing the dishes is stressful. Here are the top five issues that can cause a fight:
1. Who should empty the dishwasher.
2. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink too long.
3. Who should load the dishwasher.
4. Not pre-rinsing before you load them in. Or pre-rinsing too much and wasting water.
5. Putting dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is empty.