Want to own an Epiphone acoustic guitar that once belonged to Jimi Hendrix? Maybe a custom made “cloud” guitar owned by Prince? How about an iconic Gibson Flying V owned and played by KK Downing from Judas Priest? Priest not your thing? How about the recording console used to make Led Zeppelin IV? Bonhams Auction House is a place to find everything your heart desires, but very little that your wallet can afford! But let’s face it, we all have those “if I had the money I would” fantasies, and for the classic rock nerd, Bonhams is like a candy store!
Music memorabilia can range from a couple bucks at your local second hand shop to millions of dollars for items that played a notable role in shaping music and or popular culture. Here is the Top 5 most expensive pieces of music memorabilia ever sold.
- $2,898,724 – 1965 Rolls Royce Phantom V owned by John Lennon
- $1,344,477 – Handwritten Lyrics by John Lennon “A Day in the Life”
- $900,00 – Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band drum head from album cover
- $874,082 – “Blackie” Eric Clapton’s black Fender Stratocaster
- $700,000 – Eric Clapton’s 1939 Martin guitar used on 1992 MTV unplugged
See what else is on the list…