It’s National Grab Some Nuts Day – as in almonds, cashews, and pecans.
What did you think we were talking about?
Jeez, get your head out of the gutter, people.
Here are six quick nutty stats about nuts that are totally appropriate and not suggestive in any way, whatsoever…
1. America has more nuts than anyone else. 40% of the world’s nuts are grown in the U.S., and we lead all other countries in nut production. Especially almonds.
2. Women eat more nuts than men. Around 38% of Americans will eat nuts today. That includes all the nut butter we consume. Women over 60 crave nuts the most.
3. There’s a world record for crushing nuts by sitting on them. A guy in Japan crushed 122 nuts in under a minute.
4. The largest nuts in the world weigh over 50 pounds. They’re called “coco de mer” nuts, and they’re only found on a few islands in the Indian Ocean.
5. Grabbing a handful of nuts is good for you. A study at Harvard found the more nuts you eat, the longer you live. Almonds have the most fiber, and macadamia nuts have a lot of healthy fat.
So, come on Mad Rock Nation, go out and grab some nuts already!!!!