It’s Mardi Gras & Also National Pancake Day!
Today (3/1) is Mardi Gras for 2022 or “Fat Tuesday” if you don’t want to get all French about it. And that means it’s also NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY.
Pancakes on Mardi Gras are a thing because they help people get rid of all the butter, eggs, and milk in their fridge before Ash Wednesday, which is the start of Lent.
As always, you can get a free short stack at IHOP today. They just encourage you to donate a few bucks to charity instead of paying. Here are a few quick stats to help celebrate National Pancake Day:
Only 7% of Americans don’t like pancakes. 93% “like” or “love” them.
Buttermilk pancakes are the most popular type. Blueberry pancakes are next, followed by chocolate chip, “original” or plain and banana pancakes in fifth.
If you could only put one topping on your pancakes, what would it be? 62% of people would go with syrup. 10% said butter, 8% said fresh fruit, 4% said peanut butter, another 4% said Nutella and 2% said honey.
According to the poll, pancakes are our THIRD favorite breakfast food. Bacon and eggs are one and two.
BONUS: Top 5 Signs You’re Doing Mardi Gras Right
Happy Mardi Gras! Plan to get crazy? Let us show you how with today’s list of the Top 5 Signs You’re Doing Mardi Gras Right.
- You’re covered in green and gold . . . vomit.
- You lost your car keys. Technically, you lost your pants, which had your car keys in them. My point: you’re naked and helpless in on some side street in the French Quarter.
- A parade float left a tire imprint on your face.
- You slur so badly when you speak that people think you’re Cajun.
- You don’t remember how you ended up lying the middle of Bourbon Street.