Sometimes just ONE thing can turn your whole day around or…half-a-day anyway. A new poll looked at various things that make us feel happy and how long that boost lasts. The average is right around four hours:
1. Spending quality time with your family . . . 4 hours 33 minutes.
2. Booking a vacation . . . 4 hours 31 minutes.
3. Your favorite team winning a big game . . . 4 hours 9 minutes.
4. Your significant other saying, “I love you” . . . 4 hours.
5. Playing with your pet . . . 3 hours 47 minutes.
6. Getting a really good deal on something . . . 3 hours 39 minutes.
7. Finishing a workout . . . 3 hours 36 minutes.
8. Having a totally clean house . . . 3 hours 36 minutes.
9. Eating chocolate . . . 3 hours 34 minutes.
10. Receiving a compliment . . . 3 hours 30 minutes.
11. A cold beer on a hot day . . . 3 hours 17 minutes.
BONUS: Top Things We’re Too Ashamed to Admit Actually Make Us Happy
- Kicking our kid’s ass in “Candyland.”
- Skipping church.
- YouTube videos where someone takes something serious and adds farts.
- A BMW covered in bird poop.
- Scamming a second, third, and fourth sample from the Sam’s Club lady by faking interest in the product.
- High school reunions where everyone else is fat, bald, and divorced.
- Getting the dog high.
- Watching a person melt down after the vending machine eats their dollar.
- Canceled weddings.
- Every single show on HGTV.