We’re entering a new month, so here are four things to look forward to in August:
1. In sports, Major League Baseball and the NBA got under way this week, and the NHL will join them this weekend. The season resumes tomorrow, after being on hold since mid-March.
2. On TV, “Big Brother” returns to CBS next Wednesday, it’s an All-Star season, and Shark Week is back on Discovery a week from Sunday – August 9th.
3. There are a couple things happening in OUTER SPACE that you can enjoy while still social distancing. SpaceX’s Crew Dragon Demo-2 mission will return to Earth from the International Space Station this Sunday. (You can watch it LIVE on Space.com.)
There’s also going to be a full Moon this Sunday morning – it’s called a Full Sturgeon Moon. And the Perseid Meteor Shower is going on now, but it’ll peak on August 11th and 12th between midnight and dawn. Just go outside and look up.
4. There are no federal holidays in August, so you’re not going to get any days off work. But there are a TON of fun, smaller holidays, including:
- National Girlfriends Day tomorrow, August 1st
- Friendship Day on Sunday, August 2nd
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Day on August 4th
- National Underwear Day on the 5th
- International Beer Day on the 7th
- National Relaxation Day on the 15th
- National Radio Day on August 20th
- National Dog Day on the 26th