Most people are cooking at home more because of the lockdown. So someone looked through Google Trends to see which recipe each state has been searching for more than usual since the crisis began. Here are the results:
1. The most common recipe we’ve been googling more is for “hamburgers” or “hamburger meat.” It’s the top search in 12 states – including both Texas and Oklahoma. We LOVE our meat!!!!
2. “Bread” is the top search in six states – Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, South Dakota, and Washington. And “cornbread” is #1 in Mississippi.
3. Various “chicken” recipes ranked first in five states – Alabama, Georgia, Hawaii, Rhode Island, and Tennessee.
4. “Salmon” is #1 in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, and New Jersey.
5. In Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Montana, the top search is for “cinnamon roll” recipes. A bit of a weird one, if you ask me.
6. Vermont and all its maple syrup has people searching for new ways to make “pancakes.” And people in Utah are getting fancy by making “crêpes.”
Here are a few more searches that are unique: Arizona is making lots of lemonade, in California they want snickerdoodles (munchies anyone?), Wisconsin loves their ham, in Louisiana crawfish étouffée takes the top spot, in New York people searched recipes for the Passover dish charoset and the #1 recipe for people in Washington D.C. is —- margaritas!