Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ (9/29/21)
September 29, 2021 4:45AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Wednesday – September 29th, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- Smarties candy was originally made with machines that were built to make gunpowder pellets for ammunition during World War One.
- Mangos can get sunburned, but it actually ruins them. When mango crops get sunburned, they usually have to be thrown away.
- Every elected official in Kentucky has to take an oath that they’ve never been in a duel.
- The guy who invented the board game “Operation” sold the rights to a toy company for just $500 back in 1964.
- When people first came up with the concept of brunch in the late 1800s, they called it “blunch.” That didn’t have a great ring to it, so eventually people preferred to call it brunch.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(CBC / ABC Australia / NY Mag / Time / The New Republic)