Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for Your Noggin’ (9/23/21)
September 23, 2021 6:03AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Thursday – September 23rd, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- If you took every different combination of a Rubik’s Cube possible, and physically laid them out, you’d be able to cover the entire Earth’s surface 275 times over. There are 43 quintillion variations!
- The longest surgery ever recorded was performed in 2001 by a team of 20 doctors. It took 103 hours, which is more than four days, to complete. They were separating 11-month-old twins who were conjoined at the head. The surgery was a success.
- The first major screenplay to incorporate synchronized sound, moving film, and color slides was produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses in 1912.
- Chia seeds can absorb up to 27 times their weight in water and it’s led to the hospitalization of at least one person. Ouch!
- Only one U.S. president has ever died of cancer: Ulysses S. Grant, who died of throat cancer in 1885.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(Wiki / Popular Mechanics / Wiki / AJG / Wiki)