Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (8/9/22)
August 9, 2022 4:09AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Tuesday – August 9th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- They’re apparently rebooting the 1988 classic “Working Girl”, but did you know NBC tried it as a TV show back in 1990? It only lasted 12 episodes, and it starred an unknown actress named . . . Sandra Bullock. Sandra’s only notable credit before that was the 1989 TV movie “Bionic Showdown: The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman”.
- There are more KFC locations in China than the United States . . . a LOT more. There are 7,166 KFCs in China . . . and 3,943 in America.
- The fast-food chain Popeyes isn’t named after the cartoon character . . . it’s named after Gene Hackman’s character Popeye Doyle from the movie “The French Connection”.
- The first thing anyone ever purchased online was a bag of weed. Some students from Stanford University sold a tiny amount of marijuana to some guys from MIT using an early version of the Internet called “Arpanet” in 1972.
- A woman’s rights leader named Victoria Woodhull was the first woman to run for president. She ran in 1872 against Ulysses S. Grant, and couldn’t vote for herself, because it was 48 years before women got the right to vote.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!
(Wikipedia / Wikipedia / Wikipedia / Gizmodo / History.com)