Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Monday – August 8th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Official temperatures are taken in shade, not under sunlight.
- Michael Jackson’s first solo number one hit was the song “Ben” in 1972, from a horror movie called “Ben” about a killer rat. Michael was 14 years old when he recorded it.
- Jennifer Lopez was the first woman to have a number one movie and album in the same week. It was in 2001 . . . the movie was “The Wedding Planner” and the album was “J.Lo.”
- McDonald’s invented bubble gum-flavored broccoli a few years ago, but wound up scrapping it because the kids who taste-tested it found it too confusing.
- The people who created the mp3 used the same song over and over to test their compression: “Tom’s Diner” by Suzanne Vega. They picked it because, quote, “a warm, acapella voice” is the hardest thing to compress.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!