Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (5/18/22)
May 18, 2022 4:12AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Wednesday – May 18th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Brown sugar is no different than white sugar. The only difference is that some of the molasses that gets removed in the refining process is added back in.
- The idea for tin foil hats came from a science fiction short story called “The Tissue-Culture King” in 1927. The main character uses a hat made out of foil to block people from reading his mind.
- If there was a hole going all the way through the Earth and you fell in, it would take about 38 minutes for you to get to the other side.
- The “lower bar” on women’s bikes is antiquated. It was originally designed that way because of the heavy dresses women wore in the late 1800s.
- Treadmills were invented in the early 1800s as a way of punishing prisoners in England.
Be sure to share one or more of these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!
(How Stuff Works / Wikipedia / LiveScience / The Society Pages / InsideBodyBuilding)