Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Wednesday – April 13th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Pennsylvania is the only state where local, municipal cops can’t use radar for speed enforcement.
- Of the nine justices on the Supreme Court currently, seven were raised Catholic & two were raised Jewish. Eight of them are still rockin’ those denominations – that leaves Neil Gorsuch, who was raised Catholic but he’s now Episcopalian. Incoming justice Ketanji Brown Jackson is nondenominational Protestant.
- Daylight Saving Time was repealed after World War One, then reinstated during World War Two to conserve energy. Then it stuck, and Congress passed the Uniform Time Act in 1966 to lock it in.
- The word “compersion” describes the happy feeling people in open relationships get when their significant other has sex with someone else.
- The Beastie Boys were originally a hardcore punk band . . . with a female drummer.
Be sure to share these Nuggets of Knowledge with your family, friends & coworkers this week!