Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (3/8/22)
March 8, 2022 3:54AM CST
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Tuesday – March 8th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- If walking the Great Wall of China is on your bucket list, you should know that it would take you around 18 MONTHS to walk all the way along it. It’s more than 5,500 miles long.
- The U.S. military manufactured way too many Purple Heart medals when they were planning the invasion of Japan, so the Purple Hearts awarded today are still from that supply.
- The year 1666 contains every single Roman numeral once, in order from largest to smallest: MDCLXVI.
- Kurt Vonnegut was Geraldo Rivera’s father-in-law for four years. Geraldo was married to Kurt’s daughter Edith from 1971 to 1975.
- Elmo testified before a Congressional subcommittee in 2002 on behalf of music education. He’s the first and only non-human who’s ever testified before Congress.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(CNN / Wikipedia / Wikipedia / Wikipedia / Congress Archives)