Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Monday – March 21st, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Alaska is home to the EASTERNMOST point in the United States, because the Aleutian Islands extend past the 180th meridian, into the Eastern Hemisphere.
- Leo Fender, the guy who invented Fender Stratocaster electric guitars, couldn’t actually play guitar.
- Giraffes and mice have the same number of vertebrae in their necks: Seven.
- The closest relative to manatees in the animal kingdom are elephants.
- The longest straight line you could sail around the world without bumping into land would be a 19,940 mile trip from Pakistan through the passage between Madagascar and Africa, between South America and Antarctica, and around to northeast Russia.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!