Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (3/15/22)
March 15, 2022 4:12AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Tuesday – March 15th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- In the 16th century, English kings had servants called “Grooms of Stool,” who wiped them clean after they visited the toilet.
- There have never been more than six living presidents at any point in American history. And right now there are six: Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, and Joe Biden.
- The most successful American industry for investors since 1900 is . . . TOBACCO. Still. It’s had annual returns of almost 15% every single year.
- Saddam Hussein was a big fan of “Scarface”. One of the companies he set up to launder money was called Montana Management, after Tony Montana.
- There was an episode of “Tom and Jerry” in 1956 where Tom and Jerry were both depressed over their girlfriends leaving them . . . so they sit on a train track together to commit suicide. And the episode ends with the sound of a train barreling toward them.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(Wikipedia / Ravi.io / Gawker & Motley Fool / Newsweek / Wikipedia)