Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (2/18/22)
February 18, 2022 4:06AM CST
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Friday – February 18th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Religious websites are three times more likely to spread computer viruses than porn sites.
- The forward pass wasn’t added to American football until 1905, 36 years AFTER the sport started. And it came with big penalties: A dropped pass would cost a team 15 yards, and a pass that didn’t touch anyone was a turnover.
- The first Google “doodle” logo was for the Burning Man festival in 1998 because both of the founders were going so they thought it’d be a funny way to let people know they were “out of office.”
- One of the original names that Twitter’s founders considered for their product was FriendStalker.
- The Nazis were the first people in modern history to start an anti-tobacco smoking movement.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this weekend!
(PC World / Smithsonian / Google / Globe and Mail / Wikipedia)