Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – (2/11/22)
February 11, 2022 3:41AM CST
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Friday – February 11th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- There’s a bright pink-colored lake on one of the islands off the West Coast of Australia. It’s called Lake Hillier and scientists recently determined the color is caused by a combo of algae and other microbes. (Here’s video footage of it.)
- There’s been one Tinder match in Antarctica. An American scientist in Antarctica used Tinder in 2013 and found a female scientist a 45-minute helicopter ride away. They both swiped right but she left Antarctica the day after they met up.
- Sony was producing and selling a Walkman with a cassette player until 2010.
- Patrick Ewing almost went to the University of North Carolina where he would’ve been teammates with Michael Jordan. But there was a huge KKK rally during his visit there, so he went to Georgetown instead.
- The real name for Chilean sea bass is Patagonian Toothfish. They changed the name to make it sound more appetizing to Americans.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(Atlas Obscura / The Cut / BBC / Yahoo / Wikipedia)