Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Tuesday – February 1st, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- The word “almost” is the longest common word in the English language to have all of its letters in alphabetical order.
- Charles Dickens once used the word “literally” like a YouTube commenter, where it means the opposite of “literally.” In the novel “Nicholas Nickleby” in 1839, he wrote, quote, “His looks were very haggard, and his limbs and body literally worn to the bone.”
- Surgeons who play video games at least three hours a week perform 27% faster and make 37% fewer errors.
- Popeye didn’t always get strength from spinach – in the early comic strips, he got his power from rubbing a magic hen.
- Male coin spiders bite off their own genitalia after sex, because it makes them a better fighter who’ll do a better job protecting the female spider they mated with and their future baby spiders.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!