Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ (12/9/21)
December 9, 2021 4:05AM CST
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Thursday – December 9th, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- Stephen King sold the film rights of “The Shawshank Redemption” to Frank Darabont for only $5,000. He never cashed the check. A few years later he mailed it back with a note saying, “In case you ever need bail money. Love, Steve.”
- James Bond was almost named James Secretan.
- There was an upbeat Top 40 hit about CANNIBALISM in 1971 called “Timothy“, by a one-hit wonder band called The Buoys. The song was written by Rupert Holmes . . . who’s better known for “Escape (The Piña Colada Song)”.
- The U.S. state that has the most people speaking French at home is Maine. 5.3% of households in Maine speak French, versus 4.7% in Louisiana.
- Salt water taffy isn’t made with salt water. It got its name when a candy store in Atlantic City was flooded in 1883 and the owner offered “salt water taffy” for sale. People liked the name, so it stuck.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!