Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Monday – December 19th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Reindeer can change the color of their eyes. Their eyes change from golden brown to blue during the dark Arctic winter months to help them catch more light.
- The University of Oregon’s duck mascot is based off Donald Duck and it’s all legal, thanks to a special license the school got from Disney in the 1940s.
- A court case in 1985 decided Long Island, New York is not actually an island. That’s because the East River, which separates it from the mainland, was naturally too shallow for ships to make it through safely.
- The term “Hail Mary” for a long, desperate throw in football started in 1975, when Roger Staubach threw a 50-yard touchdown pass to win a playoff game for Dallas over Minnesota. And, in an interview after, he said, quote, “I guess you could call it a Hail Mary. You throw it up and pray.”
- Christopher Lloyd’s character is always hunched over in “Back to the Future” so he doesn’t tower over Michael J. Fox. Lloyd is 6-foot-1, Fox is 5-foot-4.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!