Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ (11/4/21)
November 4, 2021 4:03AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Thursday – November 4th, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- There are 17 monarchies in the world ruled by a Queen, and 16 of those are Queen Elizabeth the Second. The only other is the Kingdom of Denmark, which is ruled by Queen Margrethe the Second.
- After “Deliverance” was released in 1972, tourism became the main source of income in Rabun County, Georgia, where the movie was made.
- The most common name for U.S. presidents is James, with six: Madison, Monroe, Polk, Buchanan, Garfield, and Carter. There have been four Williams, four Johns (five if you count Calvin Coolidge), and three Georges.
- The correct plural word for octopus is “octopodes,” but obviously octopuses and octopi are used more often.
- The actor Bela Lugosi was buried in one of his Dracula costumes.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(Wiki / Wiki / Wiki / Oxford Lexico / Wiki)