Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Monday – October 3rd, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- Everything is bigger in Texas, except names. Texas limits baby names to “just” 100 characters, overall. New York has a similar rule, but they break it down as: 30 characters for your first and middle names, and last names max out at 40.
- July is the deadliest month at hospitals because it’s when new medical school graduates become residents, and last year’s residents take on new duties, so no one knows what they’re doing.
- The tallest statue in the world is a statue in India of its first prime minister. The statue is 597 feet tall, which is WAY bigger than the second-tallest statue, a 420-foot one of Buddha in China. It’s about twice as tall as the Statue of Liberty, and that’s including the pedestal.
- “The Dukes of Hazzard” was based off of a movie called “Moonrunners” that also had Waylon Jennings as the narrator.
- Hurricanes didn’t get male names until Hurricane Bob in 1979. Up to that point, the National Weather Service thought only female names were appropriate because the storms were so unpredictable, supposedly like women.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!