Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ (10/28/21)
October 28, 2021 3:59AM CDT
Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Thursday – October 28th, 2021. Let’s learn something together:
- Jack-‘o-lanterns originated in Ireland, but instead of pumpkins, they used to be carved out of turnips, potatoes, and large beets.
- Keene, New Hampshire, holds the record for the “most jack-o’-lanterns on display.” They broke the record in 2013 with 30,581 lit pumpkins.
- Pumpkins are classified as a fruit, not as a vegetable. In fact, in 2006, New Hampshire made the pumpkin its state fruit.
- The sounds of stabbing in the movie “Halloween” were made by a knife being plunged into a watermelon.
- The “spirit” in Spirit Halloween doesn’t refer to ghosts. The founder Joe Marver launched the store in 1983, and he called it Spirit Halloween as a riff on his original business, which was called Spirit Women’s Discount Apparel.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!
(History / Guinness / State Symbols USA / IMDb / Bloomberg)