Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Monday – October 24th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- “Pumpkin spice” may have first spread to non-pie foods in 1936 when a recipe for “pumpkin spice cakes” appeared in the “Washington Post”. It was described as a “desirable dessert for a family dinner, and a healthful pick-me-up for children after school.”
- Only two American artists have made a music video for over $1 million in the past decade: Madonna’s video for “Give Me All Your Luvin'” in 2012 cost $1.5 million, and Gwen Stefani’s “Make Me Like You” in 2016 cost $4 million. Britney Spears MAY have gone over $1 million for “Work [B-word]” in 2013, but the exact spend is unknown.
- Richard Johnson, the ninth vice president of the U.S., was in a relationship with a slave he inherited named Julia Chinn. It was illegal to marry a slave, but he openly acknowledged her as his common-law wife and they had two daughters.
- There are more trees on Earth than stars in the Milky Way galaxy, approximately 3.04 trillion trees versus 100 to 400 billion stars.
- The North Korean government owns a chain restaurant called Pyongyang that has locations in several other countries including China, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia. And it serves dog meat.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!